Do you want to improve your golf game with one of the best golf watches?
There’s a few things to consider before making your purchase and I’ll show you what’s most important – you’ll see my top picks for 2017 too.
How To Pick The Perfect Golf Watch
This piece of equipment can really help you out on the golf course In order to select the right one think about the following:
- What skill level you are
- How many courses are preloaded on to the device
- Other features
First off, you need to consider your own skill level and the type of courses you’ll be playing on. There’s a local 9 hole course near my house that doesn’t have water hazards or bunkers and only a few par 5’s – you won’t need a top of the line watch here.
However, if you’re someone that golfs in diverse terrain, with long par 5’s and different hazards, you’ll need a more advanced watch, with more features; these tend to cost a little more but will help you navigate more efficiently.
Next, look at how many golf courses are preloaded onto the watch and whether or nor it updates automatically. Most golf watches have between 30,000 and 40,000 different golf courses in its GPS system – you should always check to see if your favorite spots are already included. Most watches update courses automatically too.
Lastly, you need to think about smaller features like battery life, water resistance, durability, how lightweight the device is, shot analysis, hazard detection, etc. Obviously the more you spend, the more features you’ll get.
So now that you know what to look for, lets take a look at my top picks.
Garmin Approach S20 Golf Watch *Top Pick*
The Garmin Approach S20 is one of the best products on this list and has a lot of amazing features. It’s not cheap, however, and will cost around $199. If you’re an avid golfer, who just likes to play every once in a while, you probably won’t need this watch. If you value your game, and play often, this piece of equipment is worth it. You’ll like that it:
- Records your stats so you can analyze previous games and measure shot distances
- Shows yardage to the front, middle and back of every green
- Green View Technology shows you the layout of all greens
- Full Course View Maps let’s you study the layout, hazards and shape of every hole
- Recommends clubs based on past performances and shots
- Activity metrics measures steps, calories, and time
- Rechargeable battery can last up to 60 days
- Lightweight, non distracting and very durable
And on and on and on. This product provides everything you’ll need in a sports watch. Also, you can pair it with the Garmin Truswing swing analyzer to further improve your game. You can connect this device to your smart phone so you never miss a text or email either. If you decide on this watch you’ll be very happy with what it offers.
Bushnell NEO iON Golf GPS Watch
Bushnell makes a lot of cool golf gadgets and their NEO iON watch is high quality and well made. This product will cost $199 but there’s no membership or download fees; that’s key and will save you money over time. Some top features include:
- Preloaded with over 35,000 different courses in 30 different countries
- Easy to read display screen
- Shot distance technology aids in pre-shot planning and club selection
- Step counter to measure your activity levels
- Extremely comfortable sport band makes wearing this watch enjoyable and non-distracting
The battery life is excellent too, and will last multiple rounds per charge. Also, it comes in several different colors so you get the exact look you want.
SkyCaddie Golf GPS Watch
The SkyCaddie Golf GPS Watch is an affordable choice for any golfer looking to save a little cash – it’ll only cost around $110. This device is still loaded with different features and players will love the:
- Lightweight design that won’t distract your concentration
- Core Golfer Technology offers reliable information on every hole you play
- Fitness tracker measures distance traveled, steps and other activities
- Water resistant and very durable
- Long battery life will last up to 10 hours when using GPS and 1 year on clock mode
- Digitally records your score
This product has a ton of reviews on Amazon and if you’d like to see what others are saying about this watch, click below:
Garmin Approach X40
Here we have another Garmin golf watch and the Approach X40 is top of the line – any golfer would be lucky to have this on their wrist. It has one of the sleekest/lightweight designs and isn’t distracting to wear. Also, it comes with:
- 40,000 preloaded golf courses as well as free updates
- Touchscreen display that’s readable in the sunlight
- Measure shot distances and records your round for post round analysis
- Extremely accurate distance measure to the pin
- Tracks your heart rate and other activity levels
- Digital scorecard lets you save and share each round
- Can integrate with your phone so you never miss a text or email
- Can be paired with Garmin Truswing swing analyzer
This product is waterproof and the battery will easily last all day, even when the GPS is in use. The Approach X40 has several designs and colors too, so you get the style you want.
Callaway GPSync Golf Watch
Callaway is a golf giant and anytime you purchase their gear you know you’re getting quality – plus it comes from people who understand this difficult sport inside and out. The stylish design enables you to wear this product on the course and off, and features:
- 30,000 preloaded golf courses and no subscription/download fees
- Shows accurate distance to the front, middle and back of every green you’ll come across
- Syncs with your smartphone so you’ll see all your texts and emails
- Digital scorecard let’s you save all your rounds
- Measures every shot you take
The battery on this watch is superb too, and will last the entire day. Also, the GPSync has a 1 year warranty, so you know it’s going to last and is very durable.
GolfBuddy WT5 GPS Watch
Company: Golf Buddy
The GolfBuddy WT5 is a watch that’s perfect for beginners and intermediate golfers – it’s affordable (between $105 to $126) and has all the features these players need, like:
- Digital scorecard so you can track your progress through out the day
- Pin points the green so you can pick the perfect club for every shot
- Tracks the distance of all your shots
- Waterproof construction will endure whatever mother nature throws at it
- LCD screen that’s very easy to read
This product comes with a 1 year warranty too; not bad for such a low price!
Garmin Approach S6 Golf GPS Watch
The Garmin Approach S6 Golf Watch GPS Watch is one of the best watches on this list – it’s also the most expensive (around $350). Do I think a beginner, just learning the game, should purchase this device? Definitely not. However, if you’re a skilled golfer who wants every competitive edge, you should consider this product. These players will love the:
- Swing Power Analysis that records every swing and makes club recommendation based on your swing data
- Full Course View Maps shows the shape and layout of all holes (tee box, hazards and greens included)
- Touch screen display lets you point at spots on the map and it will show you the exact distance from where you’re standing
- Enhanced stat tracking records all your shots for post round analysis
- Green View gives you an in depth look at every green
- Can pair with your smartphone so you see texts and emails in real time
- Extremely durable and waterproof
- Battery will easily last the whole day without needing a charge
This is another product with excellent reviews on Amazon and if you’d like to see what others are saying about the S6, click below:
Precision Pro GPS Golf Band
Company: Precision Pro Golf
The Precision Pro GPS Golf Band is another affordable golf watch and will only cost around $125. This product is extremely lightweight and ultra thin – it won’t distract away from your swing.
- Preloaded with over 35,000 golf courses
- Measures your shots so you know exactly how well you’re doing with each club
- Accurately measures the distance to every spot on the green
- Shows every hazard on each hole
You can get this watch in either black or white; either one is very sharp looking.
SkyCaddie SW2 GPS Watch
The SkyCaddie SW2 is one of the cheaper products on this list and will only cost around $105. This is another watch the has 35,000 courses preloaded and doesn’t require a subscription/download fee. Some awesome features include:
- Easy to read LCD screen that shows the front, middle and back of every green
- Measures your shots so you can choose the best club
- Smartphone connect so you don’t miss calls, texts or emails
- Water resistant and ultra durable
- Long lasting battery and very slim
This watch has a very understated design too, and is something you can wear on and off the course. Plus it tracks your steps and calories burned so it can be used in your daily fitness routine.
TomTom GPS 2 Golf Watch
TomTom is a well known maker of GPS devices so it’s natural they’d make one of the top GPS golf watches. This device is one of the most stylish products on the list and is very modern/sleek looking – it’s sure to get you a few compliments. Also, it comes with:
- Easy to read screen that shows yardage of your shots and distance to the green
- Scratch resistant display so it maintains its looks for a long time
- Delivers daily course updates so you know exactly what conditions you’ll be playing in
- Long lasting battery life and waterproof construction
- 1 year warranty
The last thing you want is to be distracted because of what’s on your wrist – that’ll negatively impact your shots. That won’t happen with this TomTom watch. Its ultra comfortable and lightweight; it almost feels like you’re wearing nothing at all.
The Garmin Vivoactive is a product that can be used across many different sports – it has different setting for running, biking, swimming, walking, fitness, and yes, golf. If you’re an extremely active person, who loves all things sports, this is a watch you should consider; you’ll get so much use out of it. In terms of golf, it has an:
- Accurate GPS that shows different locations on the golf course
- Connects with your smartphone so you won’t miss any alters, texts, or calls
- Long lasting battery won’t die out on the course
If you want to read the more than 1,900 reviews on Amazon, from different customers, click below:
Callaway eCLIPse GPS
The Callaway eCLIPse GPS isn’t exactly a watch but it’s works just like one, so I decided to add it – plus it’s the lowest costing item on this list at $69. It clips right onto your belt buckle and comes with:
- No subscription fees or download fees (over 30,000 courses preloaded)
- Accurately measures distance to the greens and of your shots
- Digital scorecard let’s you analyze your game post round
- 1 year warranty and durable design
If you want the luxury of having GPS but don’t want to spend hundreds of dollars, this is the product for you.
Make The Game Easier With A Golf Watch
I know golf – it can be the most satisfying sport on earth or the most frustrating. It all depends on how you shoot. Knowing how many yards to the green, which clubs to use, and which hazards lay ahead is a tremendous asset. With the right watch you can shave a few strokes from your score and have more fun. No matter your skill level or budget, you can find a product on this list that’s perfect for you.
If you have any questions about what you’ve read, comment below and I’ll make sure to respond as fast as possible. You can let your friends and family see by sharing on social media too.
Are you ready to make golf easier this year?