There’s a few things to think about before making your purchase and I’ll show you what’s most important – you’ll see my top picks for 2017 too.
How To Pick The Perfect Shoes
Before you buy your new sneakers, make sure to consider the following:
- Your own needs and skill level
- Whether you want spikes or not
- How comfortable they are
First off, you need to think about your own skill level and needs. For example, my mom loves to play at the small 9 hole golf course near my house (she plays there 95% of the time). Most holes are short par 4’s, par 3’s and only a few par 5’s. There aren’t any water hazards, sand bunkers or rough terrain either. Because of this, she doesn’t need to purchase the most expensive shoes.
However, if you take golf seriously and play on longer courses with hilly terrain, lots of hazards and thick woods, you’ll need something a little more expensive.
Next, you need to decide if you want spike or spikeless shoes. There’s pros and cons to each, which are:
- Spikes: These tend to provide better traction and are more useful on hilly courses with more diverse terrain. Some golf courses don’t allow metal cleats, however.
- Spikeless: This type of golf shoe is lightweight and more comfortable to wear – some believe they provide more balance too.
Lastly, you need to make sure the product you purchase is comfortable to wear for long periods of time. Some people underestimate how much walking there is in golf. The shoes you decide on must provide comfort all day long or else you won’t enjoy yourself.
Now that you know what to look for, let’s take a look at my top picks now.
FootJoy Women’s Superlites Spikeless Golf Shoes
The Footjoy Women’s Superlites are, as the name suggests, very lightweight – this (and the EVA Fit Bed) make them very comfortable to wear all day. Additionally, these shoes feature:
- Waterproof material that will prevent your feet from getting wet
- Breathable upper allows for maximum airflow
- Slip resistant outsole provides extra traction
The Superlites are fairly priced too, at around $79. All things considered, this product is an excellent value and is perfect for all skill levels.
Adidas Women’s Adistar Spikeless Shoes
Adidas is a sports behemoth and their Adistar golf shoes are an excellent product. These are geared towards skilled golfers and will cost between $75 to $99, depending on size and style. The design is really nice too, and look good enough to wear off the golf course. Also, they come with:
- Lightweight and ultra comfortable insole cushioning
- Stretch mesh lining provides a glove like fit
- Swing Plane Traction allows you to grip the ground
These come with a 90 day warranty and are made to last. If you decide to purchase the Adistar’s you’ll be glad you did.
Puma Women’s Sunnylite V2
The Puma Women’s Sunnylite V2’s are an affordable shoe that will cost between $50 to $70. If you’re a very skilled golfer, looking for top of the line performance, you may want a different product – these are geared more towards beginners and intermediates. They’re definitely not a bad shoe, especially when you consider the top features, which include:
- Breathable materials will prevent your feet from overheating and removes excess sweat
- Fusion Foam midsole make this sneaker very comfortable
- GripZone technology that provides excellent traction
The Sunnylite’s also have a 1 year waterproof warranty. Not bad for such a low price.
Nike Women’s FI Impact Golf Shoe
Nike is another giant in the sports world and their FI Impact’s are a sneaker good golfers will love. This shoe is well designed and one you’ll be happy to have on your feet. It performs too, and that’s because of its:
- Synthetic materials that stretch and move with your feet
- Exceptional ankle support will give you confidence to swing harder
- Molded sock-liner that forms to your foot for additional comfort
The FI Impact’s come with a 1 year warranty too. They aren’t overly expensive either and will cost around $85.
FootJoys Women’s Greenjoy’s
Here we have another Footjoy product (you’ll see even more later) and this is one of their cheaper golf shoes. It has a very traditional design and is best suited for entry level golfers and intermediates. Some top features include:
- Light weight EVA midsole that’s very comfortable to wear
- Duramax outsole provides decent traction
- Water resistant synthetic materials will keep your feet nice and dry
You can pick the Greenjoy’s up for around $49 – you’ll have a hard time finding a better shoe for that price.
Adidas Women’s Adipower Boost Golf Shoe
The Adidas Womens’ Adipower Boosts are very high quality and they perform at the highest level possible – you can find them on the feet of very good players. This product is one of the more expensive on the list (over $100) but worth it when you consider its top features, like:
- Microfiber leather that’s very lightweight, comfortable and durable
- Climaproof technology shields your feet from dampness
- Fitfoam PU sockliner molds to your unique foot shape
- Puremotion outsole provides superior traction and really lets you grip the grass
Additionally, the Adipower Boost’s come with a 2 year waterproof guarantee – now you see why I think it’s worth the cost.
Ecco Women’s Biom Hybrid 2
Ecco makes some of my favorite golf shoes and they’re always high performing, durable and fashionable – this applies to their Biom Hybrid 2’s. These shoes definitely aren’t cheap and will cost around $189. If you have the money and love golf, it’s definitely worth it. You’ll like that they come with:
- Long lasting Yak leather that’s both protective and lightweight
- Superior traction because of the E-DTS Hybrid Technology built into the outsole
- Natural Motion Technology move with your feet
- Waterproof and comes with a 2 year waterproof gurantee
The Biom Hybrid 2’s are a delight to wear and one you’ll be happy to have on your feet.
Puma Women’s Biopro Golf Shoes
The Puma Women’s Biopro’s are another shoe that all golfers, including skilled ones, will love to wear. They’re not overly expensive, at around $99, and have some really nice features, including:
- Synthetic leather that prevents water from seeping in and is very lightweight
- FusionFoam sock-liner is ultra comfortable and maximizes airflow
- Smartquill outsole provides superior grip and traction
This sneaker will have your feet feeling fresh, even after 18 holes. If you decide on them you’ll be satisfied with your decision.
FootJoy Women’s Enjoy Spikeless Shoes
The Footjoy Women’s Enjoy’s aren’t overly expensive and will cost between $70 and $80 – that’s not bad for FootJoy quality. Besides offering a pleasant and durable design, these sneakers come with:
- SoftLite upper mesh that’s very flexible and moves with your foot
- Ever Fresh Liner minimizes bad smells
- Machine washable so you can always have them looking brand new
Plus the’ll grip the ground well and provide nice traction. Any golfer would be lucky to play in these.
Ashworth Women’s Cardiff Adc Golf Shoes
The last shoe on the list is the Ashworth Women’s Cardiff’s and they’re geared more towards beginners – they won’t perform the way skilled golfers want. They’re not a bad shoe, however, and are very cost effective. Some nice features include:
- Soft leather that’s comfortable to wear
- EVA midsole that’s pleasant to have on your feet all day long
- Provides decent traction
This product gets a lot of love on Amazon and if you’d like to see what others are saying about them, click below.
Don’t Golf In Low Quality Shoes!
Golf is a game that requires intense concentration – any little distraction can mess up your swing. If your shoes are comfortable and have you feeling good, your shots will improve. No matter your skill level or budget there’s a product on this list that’ll suit your game perfectly.
If you have any questions, comment below and I’ll make sure to respond as fast as possible. You can let friends and family see by sharing on social media.
Are you ready to get out there and smack the ball around this year?