Are you looking to get out on one of the best comfort bikes?
They’re perfect to ride around town with and I’ll show you how to pick the perfect one – you’ll see my top picks for 2017 too.
How To Choose A Comfort Bike
If you want to select the right bike consider the following:
- Your own needs and how you’re going to use the bike
- Look at gears and suspension
- Other features
First off, you need to know how you’re going to use your comfort bike. This type of bike is best suited for causal riding and is perfect for city living, college campuses, parks, suburb streets and paved bike paths – it’s not the best product for trail riding.
Next, you should look at the gears and suspension. The more gears you have the rougher the terrain you can bike on and the easier you’ll get up steep hills. If you’re planning on cruising through urban areas, or anywhere with paved streets, a 7 or 8 gear or less bike will work fine. If you plan on tackling inclines, or live in a hilly area, you’ll want 20+ gears.
You’ll want good suspension too – suspension absorbs impacts from bumps. Suspension bikes are perfect in areas with a lot of potholes, cracked sidewalks and manhole covers.
Lastly, you need to look at all the smaller features too. Bike materials can make a big difference in riding experience. Steel tends to be cheaper and sturdy but is prone to rust and can be heavy. Aluminum is lightweight, strong and rust resistant but tends to cost more than steel. Carbon fiber is very strong and smooth riding but is most expensive of all.
Also, you’ll have to choose between different brakes. V-brakes are powerful while linear brakes are best suited for less rigorous rides. You can even get an electric comfort bike and one that folds up for compact storage.
Now that you know what to look for when making your selection, let’s take a look at my top picks.
Firmstrong Bella Women’s Cruiser
The Firmstrong Bella Cruiser is one of the most stylish and well made comfort bikes on the market. You can purchase this product in many different colors and styles – you can choose between 24 inch wheels with 1 gear, 26 inch wheels with 7 gears and everything in between. Some other cool features include:
- Front and rear brakes so you have complete control over stopping
- A very comfortable ride that allows for a non-straining sitting posture
- Wide tires that are excellent on bumpy rides and cracked sidewalks
The price isn’t bad and depending on how many gears you want the Bella Cruiser will cost between $292 to $347. I personally like the mint green look but there’s 11 different options to choose from too. If you’d like to see them all, click below:
Huffy Deluxe Cruiser
Huffy is a brand everyone knows and their Deluxe Cruiser is perfect for anyone looking for casual rides on a dependable bike. It comes with a little basket in front so you can run errands and has:
- A very comfortable saddle that you won’t mind riding on all day
- Lightweight design that’s easy to peddle
- Models for both men and women
The price is great too, and it’ll cost around $150. This is a bike you’ll be happy to cruise around on, that’s for sure.
Sixthreezero Men’s In The Barrel Cruiser
Sizthreezero is one of my favorite bike brands and when you purchase from them you know you’re getting a well made, comfortable and quality product. Their In The Barrel Cruiser is designed specifically for the needs of men and you can choose between 1 speed, 3 speed and 7 speed – this makes it perfect for many different terrains. Some other features you’ll like are:
- The handlebar that’s deigned to feel like an extension of your arms
- Will give you a smooth ride no matter if you’re riding through the city or a dirt path
- Allows for a relaxed ride and biking posture
The design is superb too and is really pleasing to the eye; you can choose between 4 different colors too. This product is the perfect combination of style and performance. It’s not overly expensive either and will cost around $320. That’s extremely fair for everything you get.
Schwinn Ladies Perla 7 Speed
Schwinn’s been in business for over 100 years and they really know what they’re doing – this shows with their Ladies Perla 7 Speed bike. It’s not very expensive and will cost around $187. That’s really good, especially when you consider they feature:
- 7 speeds so you can ride on diverse terrain, including hills
- Steel frame is ultra sturdy
- V-brakes give you the most control over stopping possible
This is another bike with a stylish design and one you’ll feel comfortable riding on.
Here we have another Firmstrong comfort bike and you can choose from over 12 different styles and colors. Like the name suggests, it’s perfect in city environments – the Urban works well on college campuses, beach communities and the suburbs too. A couple of my favorite features include:
- Large seat that’s ultra comfortable to sit on and foam grips on the handlebars
- Can choose from different gear settings and wheel size so you get the exact ride you’re looking for
- Is suitable for almost all heights and weights
This product gets a ton of love on Amazon and if you’d like to see what others are saying about it, click below:
Kulana Women’s Cruiser
The Kulana Women’s Cruiser is a very affordable product and is perfect for anyone on a budget. It may not have all the bells and whistles as some of the pricier bikes on this list but it’s still worth considering. I like that it comes with:
- A laid back design that’s very stylish
- Easy to reach handle bars for max control
- Very comfortable seat let’s you ride without straining
If you live in a hilly area, this isn’t the bike for you – it’s made for flat areas.
Huffy Good Vibrations Cruiser
The Huffy Good Vibrations Cruiser isn’t a performance bike – it’s made for relaxing rides and casual strolls on the boardwalk, up the street or to class. You get a very comfortable biking experience with the Good Vibrations and it features:
- Large peddles that generate power easily
- Rear brake system makes stopping simple
- Very stable and safe
The price is excellent too and this bike will only cost around $132. In the right situation this product is perfect for a lot of people.
You can purchase the Northwoods Springdale for men and women – both versions come with 21 gears. This is one of the few comfort bikes that can easily go up steep hills and can handle unpaved terrain. It’s not overly expensive either, and you can pick the Springdale up for around $173. That’s an awesome price, especially when you consider it comes with:
- A sturdy and reliable design
- Very stylish and pleasing to the eye
- Lightweight frame
You get a very comfortable sitting posture too – this will allow you to ride farther with less strain.
Sixthreezero Women’s Beach Cruiser
Earlier you saw a Sixthreezero bike for men and this one is made specifically for women. The Sixthreezero Women’s Beach Cruiser is one of the pricier products listed here and that’s because it’s one of the best. You can decide between a 1 speed, 3 speed, or 7 speed and pick between 10 colors. Some other nice features include:
- A smartly designed handlebar that’s easy to hold and control the bike with
- Dual spring saddle absorb shock and bumps
- Synthetic leather grips will last a long time
This is a very stylish bike and one you’ll be happy to ride on. It also has over 400 reviews on Amazon and almost all are extremely positive. If you’d like to see what actual customers are saying about this product, click below:
The Firmstrong Bruiser is a manly looking comfort bike and you can choose from 1 speed, 3 speed or 7 speed. If you only bike on flat surfaces, like on a college campus or in NYC, you’ll only need 1 speed. If, however, you live in the hilly West Coast you may want the 7 speed. If you purchase this bike I know you’ll like the:
- Oversized tires that ensure a smooth ride
- Extra large seat with dual springs absorb shock and bounce
- Front and rear brakes that deliver superior stopping power
Everything about this bike is made for a comfortable cruise. It’s not overly expensive either and costs around $280.
Kent Oakwood Men’s Cruiser
The Kent Oakwood Men’s Cruiser has 7 speeds and this makes it very versatile – you’ll be able to ride wherever you want. It has one of the cooler designs on this list and comes with a:
- Lightweight aluminum frame that’s resistant to rust and very durable
- Front and rear hand brakes let’s you stop on a dime
- Has excellent steering and excellent handling
This isn’t the cheapest bike on the list but it certainly isn’t overpriced – you can pick it up for around $227. Not bad for what you’re getting.
Critical Cycles Women’s Chatham Beach Cruiser
Company: Critical Cycles
The Critical Cycles Women’s Chatham Cruiser is another excellent 7 speed bike – you’ll be able to handle steep hills with it. It’s one of the most durable products on this list and will absorb all shock and bumps. Some other nice features include:
- Oversized Wanda tires will ensure a smooth ride
- High handlebars gives a comfortable and stable sitting posture
- Revoshift makes switching gears very easy
The price isn’t horrible (around $219) and the style is appealing. Overall this bike is a great value and one you’ll be happy to have.
Kulana Men’s Cruiser Bike
The Kulana Men’s Cruiser bike is perfect for anyone looking for a relaxing ride without paying too much – it’ll only cost around $118. I wouldn’t take this bike up steep hills or on rough terrain. This product is made for city streets and paved roads. It comes with a:
- Large comfortable seat that’s a pleasure to sit on
- Intelligently designed handlebars that are easy to reach
- Steel frame which is very durable
If you don’t feel like putting it together, you can have someone online assemble it for an extra $50. That’s a really good deal!
Merax Women’s Beach Cruiser
Last on the list is a cruiser that’s made specifically for women and is very affordable at around $139. Like the product you just saw I would avoid steep inclines and rugged trails with this bike – it’s made more for urban and beach environments. It still has a lot going for it, including:
- Very easy to assemble and is delivered 85 percent put together
- Allows for a comfortable sitting posture that reduces and eliminates strain
- High density foam grips ensure you are in complete control
The design is very casual too. It looks like it wants to be rode at a relaxing and enjoyable pace.
Treat Yourself To One Of These Bikes!
There’s something very cool about a comfort bike. They have an awesome design and just have a relaxed, laid back vibe to them – they’re perfect for running errands with, short commutes, riding to the beach and to class. No matter your needs you’ll find a bike on this list that suits your lifestyle and budget perfectly.
If you have any questions about what you’ve read, comment below and I’ll make sure to respond as fast as possible. You can let friends and family see by sharing on social media.
Are you ready to cruise around with one of these stylish bikes?