Are you looking for the best tennis shoes for men?
If so, I would like to show you what to consider before making your purchase and my top picks for 2017.
How To Pick The Best Tennis Shoes
Having the right sneakers on your feet is extremely important. There’s a few things to think about when making your selections and they are:
- Know your playing style
- What type of courts you will be playing on
- Ankle support and lightweight
First off, you need to know what type of player you are. Do you like to hang back and move laterally or do you like to charge the net aggressively? The first requires a shoe that allows you to plant and move side to side; the other needs a strong toe to prevent tearing.
Next, you need to consider the type of court you’ll be competing on. Different surfaces include:
- Hard Court: You will need a durable product with a strong outsole to prevent tearing
- Clay Court: These shoes require non-mark traction
- Multi-Court: Multi-court shoes are a perfect middle ground; you can play on all surfaces with them and are the best of both worlds
Lastly, check out the ankle support and weight of the product you are thinking about. I’ve dealt with ankle injuries before and they aren’t fun. Also, you don’t want a bulky shoe that slows you down. In order to play at your highest your sneakers need to excel in both these departments.
Now that you know what to look for when making your purchase, let’s take a look at my top picks now.
Nike Men’s Zoom Vapor 9.5
Nike is the king of sports and I’m sure you own something from them. Their Zoom Vapor 9.5’s are one of the top tennis shoes on earth and will have you flying around the court. Some top features include:
- Breathable materials that remove excess sweat and leave your feet cool and dry (prevents blisters)
- XDR outsole that provides superior traction on all court surfaces
- TRP foot-frame that enables explosive movements and quick cuts
- Extremely lightweight and comfortable
This is a product you’ll want to wear on the court and off – that’s how good they feel. They aren’t the cheapest sneaker on earth, at around $119, but worth it for anyone serious about their game.
Adidas Men’s Classic Barricade Bounce
Adidas is another giant in the sports world and I play with their gear all the time. The Barricade Bounce’s are less expensive than the Nike’s you just saw – these will cost around $99. Not bad when you consider they come with:
- Mesh upper that protects your ankles and increases air flow
- Bounce technology that is extremely comfortable
- Adiwear traction that allows you to plant and explode
The Bounce’s are definitely top of the line and you will love playing with them.
ASICS Men’s Gel Challenger 10
The ASICS Gel Challenger 10’s are perfect for any person playing at a high level or who is trying to improve their game. If that’s you, you will really like having these on your feet. My favorite features include:
- Later Propulsion System that provides excellent support for your entire foot
- Made from very durable materials that can stand up to wear and tear
- Solyte midsole provides responsive cushioning
The Challenger 10’s have a lot more going for them too. If you want to see everything, click below:
Nike Men’s Zoom Cage 2
I really like the Nike Zoom Cage 2’s. First off, they have a really nice look and you’ll be happy to wear them. Secondly, they’ll boost your performance and improve your speed, quickness and ability to move laterally. These are a little pricey, at around $129, but worth it if you can afford that. Some top features include:
- Stable upper prevents injuries to vulnerable parts of your body
- Lightweight outsole
- Zoom air cushioning that is ultra responsive
In my opinion, these are a top 3 choice for the year. There’s no way you can be disappointed in this product.
Nike Men’s Court Lite
The Nike Men’s Court Lite’s are one of the cheaper items on this list. They only cost around $69 and are perfect for anyone on a budget or looking to save a little money. These have everything you want in a good tennis shoe, including:
- Durable leather materials
- GDR outsole that provides excellent court grip
- Has light weight cushioning
The Court Lite’s may not be the absolute best but they aren’t a bad sneaker either – you’ll enjoy wearing them.
ASICS Men’s Gel Game 5
The ASICS Gel Game 5’s are another affordable sneaker and are really sharp looking; you won’t mind wearing these out in public. But what matters is on court performance and you’ll be happy to know the Gel Game 5’s deliver. Some top features include:
- Synthetic leather for a lightweight feel and added durability
- Forefoot Cushioning that absorbs shock
- Rubber outsole increases traction
If you purchase this shoe your feet will feel good no matter how long you play for!
Nike Men’s Air Vapor Advantage
The Air Advantage’s is another Nike product and one that will cost under $99. This is well priced when you consider all you’re getting, like:
- Air sole that alleviates any pains in your feet
- XDR outsole that gives you more control over your game and movements
- Upper mesh that eliminates excess moisture
This is the type of shoe any skill level will enjoy – it takes care of the needs of beginners, intermediates and advanced players.
Adidas Men’s Barricade Court
The Adidas Barricade Court’s are one of the least expensive tennis shoes you’ll find. They may not be the top choice of experts and advanced players but all others will enjoy them. I know you’ll love the:
- Torsion Support system that adds stability
- Adiwear outsole which improves court feel
- Mesh inserts that prevent blisters
There’s a lot of cushioning and padding in this sneaker too. it’s hard to believe you can find these for around $50.
Wilson Men’s Kaos
Wilson is a major player in the tennis world and you’ll find their gear all over professionals. One of their top sneakers, the Rush Kaos’ are for anyone looking to take their game to the next level. It will help you achieve this by:
- Protecting your ankles and feet from injuries and pains
- EVA midsole that enhance court feel and responsiveness
- Helps improve lateral movement
These aren’t as expensive as you’d think either. If you wan’t to see how much they’ll cost, click below.
New Balance Men’s 996v2
Company: New Balance
New Balance makes some of my favorite shoes and their 996V2’s are very stylish – they excel on the tennis court too. These are perfect for any player that moves around a lot and enhances your ability to make lateral cuts. Other awesome features include:
- Herringbone outsole that grips the court well
- Made from long lasting materials
- Leaves your feet rejuvenated, even after long rallies and matches
This is another product that is a delight to wear and is loved by all skill levels.
Wilson Rush Pro 2.0
Here we have another Wilson sneaker that is very affordable. The Rush Pro 2.0’s are better suited for beginners. It’s not a bad shoe but advanced tennis players will need more. If you are just learning, you’ll love that these come with:
- An ultra responsive design and cushioning
- A mesh upper that keeps your feet dry
- Will last without ripping or tearing
I wish I had a tennis shoe this nice when I was starting out; it would have made things a lot easier.
New Balance Men’s 1296v2
Company: New Balance
The New Balance 1296V2’s are top of the line and one of the premier sneakers available. They are for anyone trying to improve their game and skilled players – they deliver the type of experience these athletes need. That’s because they come with:
- Non Marking outsole
- Very light design that will give you some extra boost
- Have a one year durability warranty
You know a company believes in their product when they come with a warranty. This shoe will stand up to the rigors of multiple matches and long rallies.
Prince Men’s T22
The Prince Men’s T22 is a high selling item and is worn by very good tennis players. It’s very stylish and has an awesome feel to it. Other features include:
- Duraskin II technology that reinforces the toe area and prevents wear and tear
- Superior ventilation to keep blisters at bay and your feet cool
- Very stable and improves lateral quickness
This is a product that will noticeably improve your game – you’ll be happy to have these on your feet.
Nike Men’s Air Zoom Ultrafly
The Nike Air Zoom Ultrafly’s are the most expensive product on this list ($200+) and are found on the feet of skilled players. Besides having a really cool design, these come with:
- Flyknit construction for a very responsive feel
- Very lightweight
- Ultra stable
I can guarantee you will be a menace on the court with the Ultrafly’s.
Wilson Men’s Rush Evo
This is another high performing sneaker from Wilson – The Rush Evo’s have a little something for everyone. Beginners will like the stability these provide and advanced players will love the quickness they get from wearing them. All others will like:
- The lightweight design that improves motion and movement
- Mesh materials that eliminate excess sweat
- The great traction they provide
You are going to feel really secure if you decide to purchase the Rush Evo’s. They will help your game a ton and do so in style too.
ASICS Men’s Gel Speed 3
The last product on this list is the ASICS Men’s Gel Speed. This is another shoe that all players will love. That’s because they’re ultra comfortable and durable. Plus they come with:
- Cushioning system that limits shock
- Toe protector to keep from wearing out
- Can be used on all surfaces
This is the perfect sneaker for someone whole plays a lot of different styles and against many different opponents – they’re very versatile.
Up Your Game This Year With The Right Sneakers
Tennis is a game of quick movements and intense concentration. You don’t want to miss a shot because your shoes are low quality – you want a pair that will improve your quickness and ability to move. No matter your skill level or budget, there’s a product on this list that will do that for you.
If you have any questions about what you’ve read, comment below and I’ll answer as fast as possible. You can let your friends and family see by sharing on social media too.
Are you ready to serve up some good shots this year?