There’s a couple things you must consider before making your purchase and I’ll show you what’s most important – you’ll see my top picks for 2017 too.
3 Things To Think About When Picking Your New Driver
Before you decide on a product you need to ask yourself these three questions:
- What’s the loft of the driver?
- What’s the flex of the driver
- What’s my skill level/what am I willing to spend?
First thing you need to think of is the loft of the club. Loft creates the backspin when the face of the club meets the ball – this is important for distance. The slower you swing, the higher the loft you’ll need. The average swing speed of a lady golfer is around 65 MPH. For this swing speed you’ll want a loft of 16 degrees. I personally would pick a loft anywhere from 10 or 12 degrees to 16 to 18 degrees.
Next, you need to consider the flex of the club. Flex is the bend in your shaft and the slower you swing the more flex you’ll need. Women have their own flex category and every driver on this list is perfect for a female swing.
Lastly, you need to know your own skill level and budget. As you get better at golf you’ll need to spend more on your equipment. If you’ve been playing for awhile and want to take things to the next level, you’ll probably have to spend around $200+ for a top of the line product. If you’re just starting out you won’t need to spend as much.
So now that you know what to look for, let’s take a look at my top picks now.
TaylorMade Women’s M2 Driver *Top Choice*
The Taylormade M2 Women’s Driver is my top pick for a lot of reasons. First off, it’s really high quality. This is the type of driver that adds yards to every drive and one you’ll be happy to step to the tee box with. Secondly, it has all the latest technologies you look for, like:
- Inverted Cone Technology that increases the sweet spot and makes long drives much easier
- Carbon Composite materials make this club lightweight and fast swinging
- Adjustable loft so you have complete control of all your shots
This isn’t exactly a cheap club and will cost around $299. If you’re a serious golfer it’s one you must consider, though. It will help your game so much and is worth every penny.
Tour Edge Women’s Bazooka Driver
Company: Tour Edge
The Tour Edge Women’s Bazooka Driver is perfect for golfers of all skill levels. It’s fairly priced at $105 and is a well made, durable product. Some top features include:
- Massive titanium head blasts each drive high, long and far
- Big sweet spot for maximum forgiveness (limits off center and bad shots)
- Ultra light shaft makes swinging this club very easy
Also, it has a deep center of gravity which allows you to get the ball into the air with ease. If you’re looking for good performance without breaking the break, you should think about this club.
Cobra Women’s King F7 Driver
The Cobra King F7 is another driver any skilled and high performing golfer will love to play with. Like all quality pieces of equipment you’ll have to pay a little extra for the F7 – around $336. Is it worth the price? I think so, especially when you consider it comes with:
- Adjustable center of gravity makes this club 3 in 1
- Titanium face that enhances the sweet spot and allows you to mash drives
- Adjustable loft so you get the exact shot you want every time
This club comes with another awesome feature, the Cobra Connect. This piece of technology is a sensor that tracks every drive and shows detailed analysis of accuracy and distance. It’s connected to a very advanced GPS system and allows you to review all shots to help improve your game. Now you see why I say it’s worth $336!
Callaway Women’s Big Bertha Driver
Here we have another high performing driver. The Callaway Big Bertha Driver is well known in the golf world and is a product you’ll find in the bags of top players. If you have $499 to spend you should consider this piece of equipment. You’ll be happy to know it comes with:
- Oversized face that improves contact
- Made from lightweight titanium materials for an easy swing
- Very stable and promotes fast swing speeds
A lot of people won’t pay this much for a driver and I can understand that. However, many value long drives and low scores and will gladly pay extra for better results. If you’re in the second group and decide on this club, I know you’ll be very happy you did.
Adams Women’s Blue Driver
Company: Adams Golf
The Adams Women’s Blue Driver is perfect for entry level golfers and anyone just learning the game – it will only cost around $85 too. Even though it comes at such a low price it still has some nice features, including:
- Velocity slot technology that increases flex and swing speed
- Low center of gravity that increases spin and distance
- Very lightweight and comfortable to swing
If you’re a skilled golfer you’ll probably want something with a little more pop. Everyone else will get a lot of use out of this club.
Taylormade Women’s Kalea Golf Driver
Here we have another high quality and high performing driver from TaylorMade. The Kalea is an impressive piece of equipment and features a very large, and easy to hit head. Its’ not cheap, however, and will cost around $329. If you play a lot it’s definitely worth it and it features:
- Speed Pockets to increase ball speed
- Very lightweight so you can really wihp this club around
- Low canter of gravity helps getting the ball in air easy
TaylorMade is a wonderful company and this is one of their top products for women. You can’t go wrong with the Kalea.
Callaway Women’s XR 16 Driver
The Callaway Women’s XR 16 is another driver skilled golfers love to play with. This is one of the pricier products on the list at around $349 – beginners should look elsewhere. Besides sporting a sleek design, this club comes with:
- Lightweight, titanium design that lets you swing really, really fast
- R-MOTO Face Technology increases ball speed
- OptiFit Technology let’s you adjust the loft so you get the exact shot you want every time
There’s a few high performing drivers on this list and the XR 16 is another one of them!
Cobra Women’s Fly-Z Driver
The Cobra Women’s Fly-Z is perfect for intermediate golfers. This is the type of product that adds distance to every shot and prevent slices. Some of my favorite features include:
- Low back center of gravity helps with ball height and getting the ball in air
- MyFly8 Smartpad that allows you to customize loft for more shot control
- Speed Channel Technology that increases ball speed
The price of this driver is pretty good at around $149. This is a well known club and is worth every dime. If you buy the Cobra Fly-Z I know you’ll be satisfied with its performance.
TaylorMade Women’s Aeroburner Driver
There’s many TaylorMade drivers that are expensive and made exclusively for advanced golfers – this isn’t the case with the Aeroburner. In fact, it’s one of the cheapest clubs on the list at around $60. If you’re a well seasoned player you’ll probably want a different product. Everyone else will like the:
- Oversized head that allows for good contact on every swing
- Speed Pocket that increases the size of the sweet spot for maximum forgiveness
- Very comfortable grip improves feel and responsiveness
Golf can be a pain when you’re first learning and it can be difficult to get any good drives. To quicken the learning process you should purchase a good driver, like the Aeroburner.
Adams Women’s XTD Ti Driver
Company: Adams golf
Here is another affordable driver ($99) that is perfect for intermediate golfers and beginners. The Adams Women’s XTD Ti comes with an oversized head that improves accuracy and distance of all shots. It also has a:
- Forgiving design that decreases the effects of bad shots
- Lightweight to improve swing speed
- Very durable and will last many rounds of golf
I once bought a driver and it broke the first day using it – that won’t happen here.
TaylorMade Women’s R15 Driver
The last driver on the list comes form a company you’ve seen quite a few times – TaylorMade. The R15 is perfect for all skill levels and will cost around $149. That is an excellent price when you consider what you’re getting, like:
- Massive head and sweet spot to blast your drives with
- Forgiving design that helps with accuracy
- Adjustable loft settings so you get control of all your shots
This product is one of the best values on the market – it blends performance, low cost and durability perfectly.
Friends Don’t Let Friends Drive With Low Quality Clubs!
I’ve been playing golf for years and struggled in the beginning. The problem? Cheap equipment. The second I bought quality clubs my game took off and the sport became a lot more fun. The drivers on this list are the best of the best and there’s one here for all skill levels and budgets. I know you’ll find a product you absolutely love playing with.
If you have any questions about what you’ve read, comment below and I’ll make sure to respond as fast as possible. You can let your friends and family see by sharing on social media too.
Are you ready to launch some drives this year?