Are you looking for the best volleyball shoes of 2017?
If you are you came to the right place. I’d like to show you what to look for when making your purchase and my top picks for both women and men.
How To Pick The Perfect Shoe
When making your selection, consider the following:
- The type of traction
- Weight of the product you are thinking about
- Name brand
If you have a low quality shoe you run the risk of slipping and sliding all over the place – this can really hurt your team. You need traction that allows you to plant and move laterally. Volleyball is a game of quick reactions and fast cuts are necessary for success.
Next, you want to make sure you purchase a lightweight sneaker. I’ve played sports for a long time and I always perform at my highest with something light on my feet; this is true for volleyball too. Speed is important and you don’t need to be slowed down with heavy shoes.
Lastly, purchase from a well known and trusted brand – preferably one that is known for their volleyball gear. These companies use the latest and best technologies in their products. Some names you can trust are Mizuno, ASICS, Nike and Adidas. You’ll see these sneakers on every volleyball court.
So now that you know what to look for, let’s take a look at my top picks for the year.
Nike Women’s Volley Zoom Hyperspike
If you’re an athlete I’m sure you’ve played with Nike gear or equipment before; you may even own their stuff now. Their Women’s Volley Zoom Hyperspike’s are perfect for high performing players and will give you what you need to play at your highest. Some top feature include:
- Flywire technology that is both flexible and supportive for your ankle
- Made from breathable materials that will reduce moisture and sweat build up
- Comfortable, lightweight cushioning
There are a couple shoes that all elite players, or anyone trying to improve their game should consider – this is one of them.
Mizuno Women’s Wave Bolt 5
The Mizuno Women’s Wave Bolt 5 is another product talented high school and college players will enjoy wearing; it gives the support and movement these athletes need. You’ll be happy to know these come with:
- Intercool technology that keeps your feet dry and prevents blisters
- EVA midsole that absorbs all shock
- Excellent court traction and very durable
This shown will easily last the whole year and one you will love having on your feet.
Mizuno Women’s Wave Hurricane 2
The Mizuno Women’s Wave Hurricane 2 is a little cheaper than the last two products you just saw and will cost around $60. That’s a fair price, especially when you consider it comes with:
- Energy dispersing technology that eliminates hard shocks
- Comfortable midsole and cushioning
- Quality grip enables you to change direction quickly
If you don’t have a $100+ to spend on a pair of sneakers, this shoe can work for you.
ASICS Women’s Gel Upcourt
The Gel Upcourt from ASICS is a very affordable option (around $60) for any volleyball player. If you are elite or compete against high level competition you may want a different shoe; if you want something to use in practice or you play as a hobby the Upcourt should work for you. Some top features include:
- Made from synthetic leather which is lightweight and durable
- Gel cushioning that’s very supportive
- Breathable and improves airflow
Not bad for such a low price.
ASICS Women’s Gel Tactic
The ASCIS Women’s Gel Tactic is a shoe all good volleyball players like. It has superior on court traction because of its NC rubber sole and comes with:
- Lateral Trusstic System which allows you to move from side to side very quickly
- Stable upper that removes moisture and sweat
- Gel cushioning to eliminate shock and improve feel
ASICS makes a lot of well made sneakers and this is one of their tops ones; the price isn’t terrible either and will cost under $95.
Mizuno Women’s Wave Lightning Z2
The Mizuno Women’s Wave Lightning Z2’s are one of the more expensive products on this list and that’s because they’re one of the best. Elite players in high school and college will enjoy the:
- Comfortable midsole
- Durable materials that will easily last the season
- Stable upper that provides superior ankle support
This sneaker should be considered by all talented players – it gives you exactly what you need to be at your highest.
Mizuno Women’s Wave Rally 5
There’s something very athletic looking about the Mizuno Women’s Wave Rally 5 – it shouldn’t be a surprise this is a top choice for skilled volleyball players. Some top features include:
- Zigzag Wave technology that disperses and absorbs shock
- Air mesh ventilation system that keeps your feet dry
- Reinforcements in vulnerable areas
You are going to cover a lot of ground with these on your feet and you’ll be happy with the way you move with them.
Adidas Women’s Volley Response
You can add the Adidas Women’s Volley Response to your short list of shoes you must consider. This sneaker will help you get to the ball fast with its boost technology and they feature:
- Comfortable upper that secures your ankle
- Improves balance and keeps you secure
- ADIWEAR outsole that grips the court
These will cost just around $99 – if you have that to spend you should definitely think about the Volley Response’s.
ASICS Women’s Gel Rocket 7
The ASICS Women’s GEL Rocket 7 is not for elite level players – these athletes will need a little more. If you like to play with your friends or in a intramural league this shoe will work for you. You’ll like that they comes with:
- Rubber outsole that has decent grip
- Trusstic system that reduces weight
- Comfortable design
The price is right too, at under $40. In the right environment these are very nice to wear and won’t break the bank.
Mizuno Women’s Wave Tornado X
The last women’s sneaker on this list is one of the pricier ones – it will cost around $125. Some may think this is high but worth it if you can afford it. This is made for athletic movements and allows you to make quick cuts. I know you’ll love the:
- Intercool mesh system that will eliminate moisture
- Dynamotion Fit technology that improves responsiveness and feel
- Very durable materials and gripping traction
There’s a bunch more features that will help your game too. If you want to see them all, click below.
ASICS Men’s Gel Netburner MT
The ASICS Men’s Gel Netburner is a very nice looking product and is something you can wear off court too. What matters, though, is how it performs and you’ll be happy to know this sneaker performs. You’ll love it’s top features, which include:
- Gel cushioning that is ultra responsive and extra comfortable
- Superior traction
- Very stable and supportive
If you are a top player or plan on being one, this is a shoe you must consider.
ASICS Men’s Gel Cyber Sensei
Here we have another high performing shoe from ASICS. The Men’s Gel Cyber Sensei certainly isn’t cheap (it’ll cost over $100) but you’ll love the way these feel on you feet. Some top features include:
- Excellent ankle support
- Flexible and allows for natural movements
- Breathable and reduces the likelihood of developing blisters and bad smells
I really like how comfortable they are too. You’ll be tempted to wear them all the time, that’s for sure.
Mizuno Men’s Wave Tornado X
The Mizuno Men’s Wave Tornado X are my favorite looking sneakers on this list – they just have a really nice style. You’ll be happy to know these are for elite players and come with:
- Technology that allows for the most natural movement possible
- AP+ midsole cushioning that allows for maximum feel and responsiveness
- Very supportive for your ankles
This is a shoe designed for athletes. It will help you move, jump and land while minimizing your risk of injury. Definitely one of the top products for men.
ASICS Men’s Gel Court Control
Last shoe on the list comes from a familiar brand, ASICS. Their Gel Court Control’s are another product high performers will enjoy because of:
- The lightweight design
- Synthetic upper that will last the whole season and is very stable for your ankles
- Soft and responsive cushioning
This sneaker is for aggressive players. If you are someone that dives all the over place and are constantly charging the net, you will get a lot of use out of the Gel Court Control’s.
These Shoes Will Improve Your Game
If you want to play at your highest you need to move fast and have excellent support – wearing low quality shoes won’t give you that. The products on this list are the best of best and will allow you to excel on the court.
If you have any question about what you’ve read comment below and I’ll make sure to respond as fast as possible. You can let friends and family see by sharing on social media too.
Are you ready to serve up some good shots this year?