If you want to be the best hitter possible you’re probably looking for the best fastpitch softball bats.
It’s essential to pick this piece of equipment right and I’ll show you how to do that – you’ll see my top picks for 2017 too.
How To Pick The Perfect Bat
Here is an excellent video that sums up what to look for when making your selection:
If you watched the video you saw picking the right length and weight is one of the most important steps. Here’s a useful chart from Softball.com that will help you in this department:
After you figure out the proper size, you should think about bat materials. There are two options and they are:
- Composite: These bats perform the best because they have the most pop and the largest sweet spots – they’re the most expensive too. Composite bats must be broken in before using in game, though. It generally takes around 150 to 200 hits before it’s ready. Lastly, this material does a good job reducing painful vibrations to your hands.
- Alloy: Alloy bats don’t perform as well and won’t eliminate painful stings like composite products. However, they are cheaper and tend to last longer. Additionally, they can be used in game right away.
My last piece of advice is to buy a skill appropriate product. If you’re an elite player at the high school or college level you will need to spend a little extra than someone who plays for fun; it’s definitely worth the investment.
So now that you know what to look for when making your purchase, let’s take a look at my top picks for the year.
DeMarini CF9 Insane Fastpitch Bat
The DeMarini CF9 Insane is a product that all elite level players and high performers must consider – it will help your hitting that much. This is a composite bat with a giant sweet spot and a D-fusion handle that redirects energy to the barrel for extra pop. It also features:
- Well balanced design that allows for a smooth, powerful swing
- Very lightweight
- 1 year warranty
The CF9 is certified by various groups such as ASA, USSSA, ISA, ISF, and NSA too. If you decide on this bat I know you’ll both love it and be proud to step to the plate with it.
Mizuno Nighthawk Fastpitch Bat
Mizuno is an excellent baseball and softball company – I play with their gear all the time and I’m always happy with their performance. The Nighthawk is another bat elite players (or anyone trying to reach that level) will want to play with. That’s because it comes with:
- Carbon composite materials that adds pop
- Stiff handle to increase energy and impact
- Double wall barrel design which creates a trampoline effect against the ball
This bat can be considered pricey but certainly not the most expensive on the list – if you have around $199 to spend you should think about the Nighthawk
Easton FS300 Fastpitch Bat
Easton is another company with equipment I play with all the time – I can definitely vouch for their quality. However, the Easton FS300 shouldn’t be the first pick for high performing high school or college players. It just won’t meet the needs of these athletes. Everyone else will enjoy:
- How durable and long lasting this product is
- The very comfortable and responsive grip
- It’s game ready design
There are many bats on this list that will cost over $200 and $300. This isn’t one of them. The FS300 will only cost around $49.
Louisville Slugger LXT Hyper 17 Fastpitch Bat
Company: Louisville Slugger
You just saw one of the cheaper bats on the list and now you’ll see one of the most expensive. The Louisville Slugger LXT Hyper 17 offers elite performance and features:
- One of the most comfortable grips on the market
- Lightweight and balanced design that leads to very fast swings
- Durable and game ready right away
Not everyone has $300+ to spend on a bat and I understand that. If you have it though, consider this product – you’ll be happy you did.
DeMarini CF8 Slapper Fastpitch Bat
The DeMarini CF8 Slapper is made for power hitters and caters to their needs. The composite barrel gives you the largest sweet spot possible and allows for solid contact – you can expect to run the bases if you purchase this bat. Also, you’ll like that it comes with:
- Well known and well loved D-Fusion handle
- Low end cap to balance out the weight
- -9 weight to length for stronger softball players
This is a fairly priced product too, at around $140. If you want to read some customer reviews on the CF8 make sure to click below.
Louisville Slugger Xeno Plus Fastpitch Bat
Company: Louisville Slugger
This is the second Louisville Slugger bat on the list and many consider the Xeno Plus the best product for fastpitch softball players – you can certainly make that argument. Most athletes love that it comes with:
- S1iD technology that enhances the sweet spot giving you the best chance to get on base
- Double wall design for more power
- Has one the lightest and most responsive feels of any bat on earth
In fact, the Xeno Plus is the most used bat by top college programs. If your dream is to make it to this level you should really consider this product.
Easton Mako Torq CXN Zero Fastpitch Bat
The Mako Torq is a very popular product from Easton – it can be found in both softball and baseball dugouts. It’s fairly priced at around $99, which is really good when you consider the:
- Full 1 year warranty
- CXN Zero technology that eliminates vibrations and painful stings
- Composite materials and technology that gives you the largest sweet spot possible
If you are looking to save a little cash and still get a high performing product this is the bat for you.
Worth 2 Legit Fastpitch Bat
The Worth 2 Legit isn’t a cheap bat (will cost over $229) but it is high quality. If you are on a tight budget there are less expensive products on this list – if you have a little extra to spend you may be interested in the top features, which include:
- Silicone wrap to minimize and eliminate painful vibrations and stings
- Designed for maximum rebound on all swings
- Double barrel design to increase pop
It has all the certifications you look for too (ASA, USSSA, and much more). This bat has more to offer and if you’d like to see everything, click below:
Marucci Pure Fastpitch Bat
The Marucci Pure is an excellent bat that will cost around $299 – it’s worth ever penny if you can afford that. This is the favorite product of many elite players and comes with:
- SDX Shock Dismissing technology that eliminates vibrations
- A soft grip that improves responsiveness and feel
- Well balanced and easy to swing
You’ll be happy to know each Marucci Pure is individually hand crafted. This means a lot of attention is put into each and every last detailt.
Easton Stealth Flex Fastpitch Bat
The Easton Stealth Flex is another high performing and expensive bat (around $299). If you play softball for fun or don’t take it too seriously you won’t need the Stealth flex. However, if you are looking to make an impact and be the best possible hitter, you need to consider this product. My favorite aspects are:
- TCT Thermo Composite bat for added pop
- HYPERSKIN grip that is a delight to hold
- Eliminates all vibrations
This bat produces a lot of power and you can expect some really nice hits if you choose it.
DeMarini Cf7 Insane Fastpitch Bat
This DeMarini product is more affordable than the other DeMarini’s you saw earlier. That doesn’t mean the CF7 Insane is a bad bat or low quality, it just doesn’t have all the bells and whistles of the more expensive pieces of equipment on this list. It still has a lot going for it, including:
- Well known D-Fusion handle
- Very lightweight which enables faster bat speed
- 1 year warranty
It’s hard to find composite bats for under $200. If you want the benefits of composite materials without paying the price, I’d pick the CF7.
Easton FX1 Fastpitch Bat
The Easton FX1 offers explosive performance and is another elite level bat. I know there’s a few of these high performing products on this list but it’s good to have a lot options. What makes the FX1 so special is the:
- Power Brigade barrel with a huge sweet spot
- End loaded design that will help you crush the ball
- Two piece construction that transfers energy efficiently
This piece of equipment has an awesome feel and is nice to swing too. I know your confidence will be sky high when using this bat.
Louisville Slugger X12 Fastpitch Bat
Company: Louisville Slugger
The Louisville Slugger X12 is perfect for young players looking to maximize their potential. Besides offering a great feel and a sharp design, this bat comes with:
- Synthetic leather grip that is both durable and comfortable
- Balanced weight which allows for an even, smooth swing
- Improves reaction time
This product comes with a 1 year warranty too – not bad for something you can pick up for under $200.
Easton Hyperlite 12 Fastpitch Bat
Last on the list is the Easton Hyperlite 12 and it’s certified by all the top softball associations imaginable. This is another product high performers will love and features:
- Large sweet spot and composite barrel
- HYPERSKIN grip that improves responsiveness
- Ultra balanced
Also, this is one of the lightest bats available too. You will have no problem quickly swinging it through the zone.
Don’t Step To The Plate Without One Of These Bats!
In order to play at your highest you need a quality bat. This will help you turn singles into doubles and warning track shots into home runs – don’t leave runs on the table because you didn’t take bat selection seriously. There is a product here for every skill level and budget; I know you’ll find one you love.
If you have any questions about what you’ve read, comment below and I’ll make sure to respond as fast as possible. You can let friends and family see by sharing on social media too.
Can you see yourself hitting with one of these bats?