If you want to excel in the field you may be looking for the best fastpitch softball gloves.
There’s a few things to think about before making your purchase and I’d like to show you what’s most important; you’ll see my top picks for 2017 too.
How To Pick The Right Glove
There’s a few things to consider when selecting your mitt and you’ll want to focus on:
- Proper fit and size
- What position you’ll be playing
- Skill level
First and foremost, you need to have the right fit. If your glove is too big or too small you’ll run into issues that will effect your play making ability. Here’s a chart that shows how to size your mitt:
After you have the right size, you need to figure out what position you’ll be playing. There are differences in pocket size and webbing, depending on your spot in the field. In general middle fielders, first baseman and outfielders have an open web design so you can transfer the ball quickly to throw. Pitchers, third baseman and some outfielders come with a closed web. Each position has their own minor specifications too.
Lastly, you need to think about your own skill level and the competition you’ll be facing. If you play at an elite level in high school or college your needs will be different than someone at the youth level. The better you are, the more quality mitt you’ll need (and more you’ll need to spend).
There are many gloves on this list and one for every skill level, position and size. Let’s take a look at them now.
Nokona Buckaroo Fastpitch Glove
Nokona is an excellent company and their Buckaroo fastpitch glove is a premiere product. It’s made for the best of the best or anyone trying to reach that level. It’s certainly not cheap, at around $299, but definitely worth it if you can afford that. You’ll love that it comes with:
- Kangaroo and cowhide leather that gives a superior feel and maximum durability
- Adjustable velcro strap so you can get the exact fit you need
- A pocket and structure that will maintain shape over time
You can expect to make some nice plays with this mitt on your hand.
Wilson A2000 Outfield Fastpitch Glove
If you are looking for a high quality glove, look no further than the Wilson A2000. It’s made from extremely durable Pro Stock leather and Superskin materials – this gives it one of the lightest feels possible. Some other top features include:
- Very quick break in time (almost game ready right away)
- D-Fushion padding to absorb all shock and prevent painful stings
- Back strap to give you a comfortable and secure fit
This mitt comes with a 1 year warranty too, but I suspect you’ll get a few out of it. Definitely a top choice for the year.
Under Armour Framer Fastpitch Catchers Glove
Company: Under Armour
The Under Armour Framer is perfect for any catcher looking to save a little extra cash this year. This product is fairly priced (under $89) and delivers in the performance department. You’ll be happy to know this mitt comes with:
- PTH padding that both enhances comfort and prevents injuries
- Closed web design which gives you the best chance of catching every pitch
- Light weight and adjustable fit for your unique hand
Often you will see a catchers mitt going for over $300. It is truly rare to see one this well made for such a low price.
Mizuno Classic Pro Soft Fastpitch Catchers Glove
The Mizuno Classic Pro Soft is another catchers delight – this one is a little more expensive than the one you just saw (about double the price). If you are an elite level catcher and want to play at your highest it’s worth the extra cash. I know you’ll love the:
- Soft and comfortable liner
- Deep pocket that helps you snag every ball thrown your way
- Pre-oiled palm that is durable and will last the entire season
If this product is in stock I would definitely recommend it; if not there are plenty of other gloves that will suit you just fine.
Mizuno MVP Fastpitch Glove
Mizuno is one of my favorite companies and they always deliver in the performance department. Their MVP Fastpitch Glove is another affordable product that will have you making plays in the field. Some of my favorite features include:
- Bio Soft leather that will stand up to the rigors of a full season
- Quick break in time so you can use it right away
- Very flexible and non restricting
You’ll be able to pick this mitt up for under $100. If you deiced on the MVP you’ll be very happy.
Worth Youth Storm Fastpitch Glove
The Worth Youth Storm is great for any very young softball player and is reasonably priced too (around $30). It has a nice design and some awesome features, which include:
- All leather pocket that will maintain it’s structure over multiple seasons
- Deep pockets which makes fielding the ball very easy
- Strategically placed padding for extra comfort and protection
If you have a little leaguer and want to purchase them a quality glove, this is a very good choice.
Mizuno Youth Prospect Finch Fastpitch Glove
This glove is made for very young players and one that won’t break the bank either. the Mizuno Youth Prospect is a very popular choice for little sluggers because of its:
- Comfortable lining which makes wearing enjoyable
- Patented Powerclose aids in catching the ball
- Designed to instill proper catching techniques in youth softball players
This mitt is an excellent training tool for any softball player 7 years and younger.
Mizuno Franchise Fastpitch Glove
The Mizuno Franchise is excellent for anyone that plays multiple positions – it’s designed to excel in most spots. Besides having a pleasing design and only costing around $59, this glove features:
- Tartan C webbing that enables you to make difficult plays with ease
- Parashock padding in the palm area that reduces shock absorption and takes away from painful stings
- Lacing system which allows you to tighten and loosen at your discretion
This is one of the best values on the list and one you’ll be happy you decided to buy; it may not have all the bells and whistles of the more expensive gloves but it will get the job done.
Easton Synergy Elite Fastpitch Glove
The Easton Synergy is one of my favorite looking gloves; it just has a sleek and athletic design to it. You’ll be happy to know this mitt performs too. This product is one top tier players will enjoy and features:
- VRS Shock absorbing technology that eliminates painful stings
- One of the most comfortable finger linings available
- Long lasting, pre-oiled cowhide leather
There are some gloves that tear easily and won’t even last a full season. That’s not the case with the Easton Synergy – it will stand up to tough play.
Mizuno Global Elite
The Mizuno Global Elite is perfect for high performing softball players – it has everything these women need to excel on field. This glove is so well loved because of its:
- Lightweight E-Leather that is soft and comfortable
- Wide pocket that allows you to make the play consistently
- Enjoyable lining makes it a pleasure to wear
If you really want to play at your best, this is a mitt you must consider.
Don’t Play With A Low Quality Glove
Softball is a tough sport that requires instincts and fast reflexes – you need a good product on your hand too. If you buy the wrong glove you may make a costly error that can really hurt your team. The mitts on this list are he best of the best and will have you catching every fly ball, grounder and foul tip possible.
If you have any questions about what you’ve read comment below and I’ll make sure to respond as fast possible. You can let your teammates see by sharing on social media too.
Are you ready to win some games this year?